by Rob Arndt


Sigrun  and  Traute

The ultimate dream and driving purpose of the Vril Gesellschaft originated by psychic mediums Maria Orsic, Sigrun, and Traute (known as the Vril Chefin, or bosses) was to achieve space flight by any means possible to reach the Aldebaran system in the Taurus Constellation- 64 light years from earth.

To accomplish this required two things; first, to translate a series of psychic images of a flight machine received by Maria Orsic since 1919 and  secondly, to collaborate with other occult groups that could finance such an endeavor  once the images were deciphered.

DHvSS Symbol with Alpha Tauri and Isias

For Vril, a Society formed by women based on metaphysics, the thought and act of joining with other powerful male occult groups was almost unthinkable. Yet in 1919 Vril met with Thule and DHvSS members in an effort to obtain funding for their vision by 1921.

Thule had the most industrial influence and financial resources to fund such a project so an agreement was reached to join Societies in an effort to build the strange machine which became known as the "Jenseitsflugmachine", or Otherworld flight machine.
Under the code letters J-F-M the machine was constructed in secret in Munich. It was constructed in 1922 in a barn and rolled out into a field for channeled flight testing. Despite two years at attempting to achieve channeled flight through high powered frequency field oscillations produced by strong electromagnetic forces within the craft, the occultists could not open what they termed a “white hole” in space/time and pass through, reaching the Aldebaran system and the Aryan Sumeran aliens that had contacted them.
Professor W.O. Schumann led the JFM project but decided to scrap all research in 1924.
The JFM was hurriedly dismantled and sent to Augsburg for storage at Messerschmitt’s facility, where it was either destroyed or later moved up to Peenemünde and reassembled for further study. No one can confirm either.

Yet not all the research was in vain. Professor Schumann managed to develop a levitator unit from it along with practical experience with generating increasingly intensified electromagnetic fields.

Nine years later in 1933, Adolf Hitler (a Thule member himself and occultist) became chancellor in Germany. This gave both the Thule and Vril Gesellschafts a second chance to further develop their craft with a state approved RFZ (RundFlugZeug, or Round Aircraft) program also led by Professor Schumann.

The program started in 1937 and produced seven models. Himmler’s SS had already become involved with the Thule Haunebu development program in 1935 before the RFZ series began. In 1939 the SS had used Hans Colers adapted gravitic battery and the applied ideas of Tesla to come up with a revolutionary new engine pioneered by Thule - the Thule Triebwerk (also known as a Tachyonator-7). Vril also perfected the SM-Levitator and invented their own Triebwerk (Thrustwork) in 1941 with the RFZ-7.

The Haunebu I, briefly listed as an RFZ design was dropped  in 1939 and the RFZ-7 was re-designated Vril 1 Jäger (Hunter) in 1941. Both Societies them came under control of the SS E-IV (Entwicklungsstelle 4) Unit in 1941 under Hitler‘s order that all secret societies be banned. This unit was the technical branch of the SS which was tasked with developing alternative energies. Not only did this include alternative power through synthetic fuels but also with generating power fields that could be used in war. Thus, the occult discs were seen as a potentially rewarding war weapons.

Of course, Thule and Vril went along with the SS despite their intention of only producing a Raumschiff (Spaceship). Like von Braun, who also envisioned powered space flight with the A-series rockets, the Societies kept pioneering their own craft with full knowledge that any of the discs might be made into a war weapon at any time.

Unfortunately, both types of discs were incredibly complex and difficult to control in flight. A special celestial navigation system built by both Siemens and AEG had to be developed to fly the machines which at first could only make turns of 22.5, 45, and 90 degrees. Control was only possible through Magnetic Field Shifting using Impulsers that transferred power to different parts of the electromagnetic rings rapidly, forcing very violent rotating electromagnetic fields inside the craft to move accordingly, changing instant direction of the craft. Maximum velocities in these craft proved to be a problem as well and required special SS metallurgists (some called them modern Alchemists) to create a heat-resistant armor called Victalen that could withstand the heat friction of speeds well over 7,000 km/hr!

With both the Haunebu and Vril craft reaching their full potential by 1943/1944 it was decided that Vril would once again attempt to build a functioning Raumschiff; but this time, it would be built by the SS with all the resources of the SS state-within-a-state including slave labor and safe facilities. Due to the immensity of this project a special unit was formed to build just this type -  the SS E-V (E-5) Unit.

The Raumschiff was to be called the Andromeda-Gerät (Andromeda Device). Work on two of these massive 139 meter long and 30 meter diameter “flying cigars” probably began with great effort in early 1943 in above ground heavily camouflaged shelters similar to that of the old Zeppelin hangars. These craft were designed to hold both a Haunebu II or IV disc in one large bay with two other smaller Vril 1 or 2 discs in a secondary bay - both accessed from the side of each craft. Each craft was to be crewed by 130 and were to be armored with a quadruple layered Victalen hull. The E-V unit nicknamed them as male and female “Freyr” and “Freya” after the old Norse God and Goddess.

The propulsion systems located at both the fore and aft sections of the Andromeda craft would be beyond the last Haunebu-type Thule Tachyonator 7c drive. These craft were to have four massive power units, two Tachyonator 11 at the front and two at the rear with four additional large SM-Levitator units located in pairs on the top and bottom of each craft which sat on a series of large underbody skids to support the massive weight. It is generally assumed that those engines were of the same EMG (Electro-Magnetic-Gravitic) type but other Allied Intelligence officers believe that they might have been photonic based on witness accounts of one large craft flying with a massive bright light source emitted from the rear. Thule might have simply used the Tachyonator term to describe an evolution of energy drives that might have varied in the latter models. Although designed as an armed vessel with provision for five turrets armed with powerful KSK [Kraftstrahlkanone, or Power Ray Cannon] it is doubtful that any armament actually made it onto either of the two prototypes under construction.

When the US Army came upon one of the uncompleted machines in 1945 the craft was first mistaken as some sort of radio tower due to the strange antennas protruding from the craft. The immense size of the uncompleted machine didn’t reveal its purpose until someone actually climbed up on top of it and immediately spotted a cockpit with very thick glass that was shattered. The semi-completed craft painted gray with no markings was heavily damaged as the Germans retreated, taking with them all of the prototype’s sensitive navigation equipment and the strange propulsion system. This caused damage to the craft except for the two open exposed bays - which were empty of any Haunebu or Vril discs.

Flying cigar matching Andromeda seen postwar
- a
US copy?

Photos seem to indicate that the other prototype “Freya“, or one similar to it, was completed and flew sometime in 1944/1945. The exotic craft was designed for a speed of 300,000 km/hr!


If one did escape in March 1945, that one most likely had the Vril Chefin aboard and achieved channeled flight.


Their final destination? The Aldebaran system.


Site Meter




The first report from the secret air base in Banak, province of von Finnmark, Norway, is addressed to the Luftwaffenoberkommando in Berlin: On 14 March 1942, 17.35 h, the sentry sounds the alarms.The men proceed to their defence posts, the pilots to their planes. With their telescopic sights the observers spot a flying object approaching silently. Hauptmann Fischer, an engineer in civilian life, takes off in his Messerschmitt 109 to intercept it. At an altitude of 3500 meters he closes in on the aircraft, observes it, and takes a sonar reading; it is an enormous hull without an apparent balance system, without any visible openings. Its length is approximately 100 meters, its diameter about 15 meters. On one section (the front?) a group of stalks resemble radar antennas. "Der Luftwalfisch" (aerial whale), as Hauptmann Fischer will refer to it, remains steadily horizontal. Suddenly it rises at great speed vertically and disappears. The pilot infers from this that it not a man-made machine. The report is signed by Hauptmann Fischer and counter-signed by the base commander. When Luftmarschall Göring in Berlin is made aware of it, he decided that the constant solitude of the great North had played a dirty trick on his pilot.

Other reports exist: One describes a flying object observed in turn on the 18 December, 1943 by the bases of Helgoland, Hamburg, Wittenberg and Neustrelitz.The calculations based on the exact coordination of the bases established its speed at 3000 km/ h. It was also spotted by a patrol flight of two Focke-Wulf 190 above of Hamburg in 12,000 meters altitude around 11:15. The object was cylindrical, with an arced front and a large hole in the back; it seemed composed of a large number of rings that appeared to have a convex surface. Pursued for several kilometers, it finally disappeared at great speed.

~ Soucoupes volantes et civilisatios d'outre-espace, Guy Tarade (éditions J'ai Lu, 1969)

On September 29, 1944, at 10:45 a.m., a test pilot was trying out a new Messerschmitt Jet, ME 262 Schwalbe, when his attention was suddenly caught by two luminous points situated on his right. He shot at full speed in that direction and found himself face to face with a cylindrical object, more than three hundred feet long with some openings along its side, and fitted with long antennae placed in front up to about halfway along its length. Having approached within about 1,500 feet of the craft the pilot was amazed to see that it was moving at a speed of more than 1,200 m.p.h.

~U.F.O.s and Extra-terrestrials in History (Vol. 4) by Yves Naud.

A possible postwar sighting of one of these giant ships is included in Strange Worlds by Frank Edwards. On June 30, 1947, the steamship Llandovery Castle was passing through the Straits of Madagascar, when those on board observed a 1000 feet long cigar shaped metallic craft descend from the sky and cruise along beside them for about one minute. Given the time frame of the above incident it would seem likely that this UFO was in fact a craft from a displaced Reich operating out of a secret base in Africa - or possibly Antarctica.

Washington Post
Sunday, September 19, 1954

Flying 'Cigar' Stops Silent Over Rome
By Michael Chinigo

ROME, Sept. 18 (INS). - I saw with the naked eye the mysterious flying "cigar" that flew over Rome last night, and which clearly registered for 39 minutes on radar sets in the area.

What attracted my attention was the strange sound the object emitted as it passed overhead. The sound was not the usual wine of a jet or the droning of an ordinary plane, but rather it was like approaching thunder, but with a staccato effect, a series of explosions that grew louder as the object got closer.

This was followed by a dead silence as the "thing" stopped, or appeared to, at a height of about 5 to 6000 feet.

Suddenly it shot upward and left an exhaust trail of milky white smoke. It went straight up into the sky. The air was perfectly still, and the smoke remained in a vertical trail.

The observatory at Ciampino initially described it as a "flying cigar" with a big antenna amidships.

The Defense Department pictured it as a "clipped cone" with a smaller surface on the bottom, or as two semi-circular disks, one bigger than the other, with the bigger one on top.

What was strange was the object's ability to "park" in mid-air for several minutes.

Frankly, I thought in seeing it that it must be some Italian or Allied experimental machine, or perhaps a British craft, in view of reports of Britain's progress in new type of aircraft.

Air Force officials said they do not know whether Italy is experimenting with such a type of plane.

Popular opinion is that the weird object may have come from the Communist East, but the Communist and left-wing press in Italy ignored the story.

The Italian Defense Ministry meanwhile ordered the country's radar stations to be on the alert for signs of the object.

The radar station at Rome, which picked up the "cigar" or "cone" on its screen, said it registered for 39 minutes.

Defense officials said the first "flying saucer" reports came from the town of Pitigliano, in the mercury-mining area 150 miles north of Rome, last Tuesday.